Saturday, April 30, 2011

Angel in Blue


Thanks to Netflix, I finally got to see Carol's appearance on Hawaii Five-O. The series' tenth season(!) was recently released on DVD. I always seemed to miss it in syndication.
I'm happy to report that Carol has a substantial role and practically dominates the episode. She practically carries the whole episode by herself, while the show's star Jack Lord has a few brief scenes (he probably had it written in his contract that he needed a break).

The obligatory bathing suit scene. Hey, if I had Carol Lynley
on my show, I'd put her in a bathing suit, too!


In the episode entitled, "Angel in Blue," Carol plays an undercover cop who infiltrates a drug operation run by Vic "kiss my grits" Tayback. She faces a dilemma when she unexpectedly falls in love with one of the henchmen.
I'm wondering if this episode was meant to be a prospective pilot for a new spin-off series. Something like "Police Woman" in Hawaii. The title, "Angel in Blue," sure sounds like a nod to Charlie's Angels, too. Carol sure was "Angel" material. Unfortunately, this idea never came to fruition--but I can dream, can't I?
Carol emotes!

No comments: